Anaheim, with a population of roughly 355,000 people as well as home to convention centers, theme parks, and sporting stadiums, is the largest city within Orange County, California. With so many people and so many things to do and see, auto accidents on the road are bound to occur. Although most car accidents do not lead to injury, in the event that you are injured in a car accident in Anaheim, your best course of action is to contact an Anaheim car accident attorney to find out your legal options.
When you are injured and missing work, it’s natural to accept a car insurance check to soften the financial blow. However, most car insurance companies offer much less than what you are legally entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will negotiate on your behalf to ensure that you are getting the most amount of money possible to help cover the costs of medical expenses, future medical bills, lost income, future lost earning potential as well as compensation for mental anguish and pain and suffering.
Anaheim Car Accident Statistics
In 2015, according to the California Office of Traffic Safety, there were 3,628 people in Anaheim that were either injured or suffered a wrongful death in a car accident. Further data reveals that 429 of the victims were injured and/or killed because alcohol was involved and that there were 146 pedestrian accidents that led to injuries and/or death. There were also 224 collisions involved motorcycles that led to injury or death.
Types of Car Collisions in Anaheim
Although fender benders are the most common, there are several different types of car accidents that can lead to injury including but not limited to:
- Head-On Collision: This occurs when two cars facing opposite directions collide with each other.
- Rear-End Collision: This occurs when one car collides with a car in front of them.
- Side Impact Collision: Also known as T-Bone accident, this occurs when the front end of one vehicle collides with the side of another car.
- Side Swipe Collision: This occurs when two cars facing the same direction make contact briefly on the side.
- Single Vehicle Collision: This occurs when just one car collides with something other than a car.
- Multi-Vehicle Collision: This occurs when there are more than two cars involved in a collision.
- Rollover: This occurs when one of the aforementioned collisions occur and the force of the collision causes the car or vehicle to roll over.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Anaheim
There are many different types of car accidents but they can occur for very different reasons. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Traffic Violations
- Improper Turning
- Disobeying Traffic Signals
- Distracted Driving
- Fatigue Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Bad Weather
- Teen Driving
- Product Liability
- Tire Blowouts
- Vehicle Defects
Common Car Accident Injuries in Anaheim
When victims of car accidents in Anaheim come to us for help, we’ve seen them suffer from some of the following injuries:
- Head and brain injuries
- Neck, spinal cord and back injuries
- burn injuries
- soft tissue injuries
- broken bones
Contact An Anaheim Car Accident Attorney
If you were driving around the Anaheim area and have been injured in a car accident then you might have the right to seek certain damages to help you recover from your injury. In the event that your loved one had suffered a wrongful death due to the negligence of another driver in Anaheim, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. The statute of limitation in California is two years from the time of injury so don’t delay in obtaining your free case evaluation!